The Informative Speech
This section provides some easy, effective techniques with helpful hints and tips on writing an Informative speech to provide interesting and useful information to increase the knowledge of your audience and might involve providing information about a person, and animal or an object.
What exactly is an Informative Speech? Definition
Let's start be considering exactly what is an Informative speech. Definition: An Informative speech is written to provide interesting and useful information to increase the knowledge of your audience. This might involve providing information about a person, and animal or an object. It might centre around information regarding a process, a 'How to' speech e.g. How to Surf the Internet. An type of Informative speech is focussed on describing an event like 'Visiting an exhibition on Tutankhamen'. And finally Informative speeches about ideas or concepts like 'Aliens' or 'What happened to the Dinosaurs'. There are various techniques to help complete this type of task and we would also recommend that you check out our free, fast and concise PowerPoint-style presentations on:
Writing a Speech
Giving a Speech
The Main Elements to Writing an Informative Speech
The main elements to writing a successful and effective Informative speech are to convey your knowledge and your ability to explain the subject :
- Knowledge - Establish credibility by demonstrating expertise and knowledge of the subject - conveying information,, presenting ideas, facts and statistics to adequately inform the audience about the subject
- Key Points - Repeat all the Key points to ensure maximum knowledge retention
- Interest - Conveying the subject with enthusiasm and including unusual facts or anecdotes about the subject
List of Informative Speech Topics
The Structure and Outline of an Informative Speech
What is a good structure, outline or good guidelines to writing an Informative speech?
- Your Opener - the opening, ice-breaker or attention grabber
- Introduction - Tell them what the speech is about and what your main points will be
- Knowledge - Establish credibility by demonstrating expertise and knowledge of the subject - conveying information, presenting ideas, facts and statistics to adequately inform the audience about the subject
- Confirmation - Confirm and repeat the key points
- Conclusion - Try to end with a memorable punch line or positive statement
Famous Examples of Informative Speeches
What are some famous examples of Informative speeches?
- American Declaration of Independence
- British Declaration Of War Neville Chamberlain, 1939
Informative Speech - Tips and Hints on Writing and Giving Speeches
There are more tips and hints on Writing and Giving Speeches in our Free PowerPoint style presentations.
- Definition and outline ofInformative speech
- Free PowerPoint style presentations on speeches
- Helpful Hints and Tips
- Informing and Interesting speeches
- Main Elements to Writing Informative speeches
- Free, Fast and interesting information
- Gain confidence with the free presentation
- Opener, Introduction, Credibility, presenting facts, personal experiences, main arguments, Alternatives and Conclusion
Easy, effective techniques with helpful hints & tips on informing Speeches. Outlines, Openers, Introductions, presenting facts, personal experiences, memories, closing comments and conclusion.