The Farewell Speech
This section provides some easy, effective techniques with helpful hints and tips on writing a Farewell speech - a vehicle designed to deliver an expression of goodwill and good wishes at parting. Read on to make this task as easy as possible...
What exactly is a Farewell Speech? Definition
Let's start be considering exactly what is a Farewell speech. Definition: A Farewell speech is written to extend good wishes at a special milestone in someone's life when leaving an organization, community, company, role or place. It provides an opportunity to thank people who have provided help and support. These occasions are generally informal but it is always helpful to plan what you are going to say in advance so that the content of your speech is not just left to chance and special references might be made to people who have played an important role. This type of speech should also be short and remember to try to inject some humor!There are various techniques to help complete this type of task and we would also recommend that you check out our free, fast and concise PowerPoint-style presentations on:
Writing a Speech
Giving a Speech
The Main Elements to Writing a Farewell Speech
The main elements to writing a successful and effective Farewell speech are to convey a sense of regret at leaving and respect for people who have helped:
- Brevity - Don't bore your audience and remember the quotes by Lord Reading "Always be shorter than anybody dared to hope!" and Franklin D. Roosevelt "Be sincere; be brief; be seated."
- Conveying goodwill to all those who have been supportive and good wishes for the future
- Memories and Anecdotes - Say why you are leaving and some of your emotions. Funny personal stories to make everyone smile
The Structure and Outline of a Farewell Speech
What is a good structure, outline or good guidelines to writing a Farewell speech?
- Your Opener - the opening, ice-breaker or attention grabber
- Main Body - Thank people for their support
- The Anecdotes - Amusing stories and memories
- Conclusion - Extend your good wishes and try to end with a memorable punch line or amusing Farewell quote
Famous Quotes to include in a Farewell Speech
The following quotes are from a selection about Farewell - they might inspire you!
- ""Don't be dismayed at good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends." Quote by Richard Bach
- Farewell poem:
I love the simple word hello
It always rings a joyful bell
But one of the saddest words i know
Is the oft times tearful word farewell.
Farewell Speech - Tips and Hints on Writing and Giving Speeches
There are more tips and hints on Writing and Giving Speeches in our Free PowerPoint style presentations.
- Definition and outline ofFarewell speech
- Free PowerPoint style presentations on speeches
- Helpful Hints and Tips on writing a speech
- Informing and Interesting speeches
- Main Elements to Writing Farewell speeches
- Free, Fast and interesting information
- Gain confidence with the free presentation
- Opener, Introduction, Credibility, presenting facts, personal experiences, main arguments, Alternatives and Conclusion
Easy, effective techniques with helpful hints & tips on informing Speeches. Outlines, Openers, Introductions, presenting facts, personal experiences, memories, closing comments and conclusion.