The Persuasive Speech
This section provides some easy, effective techniques with helpful hints and tips on writing a persuasive speech - a vehicle designed to persuade people to change in some way. Read on to make this task as easy as possible.
What exactly is a Persuasive Speech? Definition
Let's start be considering exactly what is a Persuasive speech. Definition: A persuasive speech is written to persuade, or convince the listeners, of the validity of the speaker's argument. This might involve persuading someone to change their opinion or at the very least take into account some elements that have not really been considered before. A persuasive speech is not an easy task! But there are techniques to help and we would also recommend that you check out our free, fast and concise PowerPoint-style presentations on:
Writing a Speech
Giving a Speech
The Main Elements to Writing a Persuasive Speech
The main elements to writing a successful and effective persuasive speech are to convey your credibility as a speaker and your passion for the subject :
- Credibility - Establish credibility by demonstrating expertise, evidence and knowledge of the subject - presenting facts, statistics or quotes together with any personal experiences to make the audience believe in what you are saying
- Passion - Conveying the subject with enthusiasm, passion and conviction to appeal to the emotions of the audience
The Structure and Outline of a Persuasive Speech
What is a good structure, outline or good guidelines to writing a Persuasive speech?
- Your Opener - the opening, ice-breaker or attention grabber
- Introduction - Tell them what the speech is about and what your main points will be
- Credibility - Establish your credibility by demonstrating expertise, evidence and knowledge of the subject - presenting facts, statistics or quotes together with any personal experiences to make the audience believe in what you are saying
- Confirmation - Confirm and repeat the main arguments for the subject
- Alternatives - Discuss the alternatives to strengthen your claim further
- Conclusion - Try to 'Go out with a Bang' or end with a memorable punch line or positive statement
Famous Examples of Persuasive Speeches
What are some famous examples of Persuasive speeches?
|Persuasive Speech - Tips and Hints on Writing and Giving Speeches|
There are more tips and hints on Writing and Giving Speeches in our Free PowerPoint style presentations.
- Definition and outline of persuasive speeches
- Free PowerPoint style presentations on speeches
- Helpful Hints and Tips
- Informative and Interesting speeches
- Main Elements to Writing Persuasive speeches
- Free, Fast and interesting information
- Gain confidence with the free presentation
- Opener, Introduction, Credibility, presenting facts, personal experiences, main arguments, Alternatives and Conclusion
Easy, effective techniques with helpful hints & tips on Persuasive Speeches. Outlines, Openers, Introductions, presenting facts, personal experiences, memories, closing comments and conclusion.